General Allocation Policy
The following general policies and preferences apply when allocating your child a place with the Hills Montessori School.
- Requirements of Department of Education and NESA
- Four (4) year olds on or before 31st July
- Aboriginal children turning 3 on or before 31st July
- Children from low income families holding a current Health Care Card from the age of 3 on or before 31st July
- Siblings of children who attended Hills Montessori School for the full three (3) years
- Siblings of children currently enrolled
- Children attending the Hills Montessori Under 3’s Group
- Siblings of children who attended Hills Montessori School for less than 3 years
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- Maintaining an age and sex balance in the groups
- Wait list as per the chronological order of enrolment
Class Placements for Preschool only
- Placement of the child in the Preschool Program is based on place rather than a specific classroom
- Classroom allocations are decided by the Directresses and are advised at time of notification of commencement date
- Consideration is given to balancing age, sex and other criteria determining allocations
- The School Board supports the Head of School in reserving the right to amend any of these allocations up to the commencement date
- Commencement dates are determined on a one new child at a time policy. This allows the directress an opportunity to help the child move into the environment with greater ease before another new child commences.
- From commencement date, there is a provisional period where the child attends only one and a half hours a day and during which time, the directress in consultation with the parent will advise the following;
- suitability to attend full session
- continue on a shorter session for an extended period
- attendance be delayed until a more suitable time
- Siblings of children attending may be placed in a separate class to allow them the opportunity for developing their own independence.
Child Protection Policy – Click Here
School Policies are available from the school office.